Would you like to teach your mother tongue in a school overseas? If you are English, French or Mandarin Chinese native speaker, this opportunity is for you.
The scholarship program is specially designed for potential teachers who would like to obtain teaching experience abroad.
- Working alongside a teacher in the classroom.
- Working with their own small groups to introduce basic language skills, improve linguistic ability, with focus on oral skills.
- Helping to prepare pupils for oral examinations.
- Contributing to cross-curricular work in collaboration with other subject areas e.g. engaging and relevant language-based projects.
- Developing lesson plans and extra-curricular activities (e.g. lunch time clubs) focussed on their country’s culture, suited to particular age-groups.
- Supporting the creation and/or development of international project.
Working hours: 18h/week
Starting date: 01/10/2015
Ending date: 31/05/2016
Holidays: Assistant teachers have all the school holidays as law mentions for official teachers. Christmas, Easter, bank holidays, etc. (Holidays are paid).
Certificate: After the program is accomplished, assistant teachers will receive a teaching diploma certificate.
School placements in Spain (only for English and French native speakers): Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, Majorca, Murcia and Girona.
School placements in the UK (only for French and Chinese native speakers): Birmingham
Requirements: Be an English, French or Chinese native speaker. Experience with children will be desirable but not a must.
How to apply: Candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org